Wild at Heart (Gloriana song)
|"Wild at Heart"|
|Single by Gloriana|
|from the album Gloriana|
|Released||February 2, 2009 (Airplay)|
|Format||CD single, music download|
Blackbird Studios (Nashville, TN)
Emblem Studios (Calabasas, CA)
|Label||Emblem/New Revolution/Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Gloriana singles chronology|
|"Wild at Heart" at CMT.com|
"Wild at Heart" is a song written by Stephanie Bentley, Josh Kear and Matt Serletic, and recorded by American country music group Gloriana. In February 2009, the song was released as the group's debut single, and was available as a digital download on May 8, 2009. It served as the lead-off single to Gloriana's self-titled debut album that was released August 4, 2009.
Roughstock critic Matt Bjorke spoke positively of the song. He compared Gloriana to Little Big Town, another country group with four part harmonies and said, "It’s easy to like songs like this, even if the lyrics don’t really say too much in the way of insightful messages, we all need and like to hear feel-good songs every once in a while."
The song became the best-selling country music debut single in 2009. It was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America on August 18, 2010, for digital sales of 500,000 copies.
A music video directed by Elliott Lester was released for the song on February 19, 2009. In the video, the group is shown driving around town at night with neon signs in the background as well as performing with their instruments inside a house. After the song's second chorus, people enter the house and begin clapping and dancing to the music while Gloriana finishes the song.
"Wild at Heart" debuted at No. 19 on CMT's "Top 20 Countdown" for the week of May 1, 2009; it has since reached #10. The video was nominated for USA Weekend Breakthrough Video of the Year and Group Video of the Year at the 2009 CMT Music Awards.
Charts and certifications
"Wild at Heart" debuted at No. 54 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in February 2009. It reached No. 16 on the chart dated for July 25, 2009 and fell from the chart the next week, but re-entered at No. 16 on the week of August 1, and reached a new peak of No. 15 the next week, before falling off yet again.
|US Billboard Hot 100||53|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||15|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||51|
- "Country Music Singles Releases – Week of February 2, 2009". About.com: Country Music. Retrieved 200-02-02. Check date values in:
- "Gloriana "Wild at Heart" single review". Roughstock. Retrieved 200-03-29. Check date values in:
- "Gloriana debut available for listening today". Country Standard Time. July 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Search results for Gloriana". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved September 14, 2010.
- "CMT Top 20 Countdown". CMT. Retrieved 2009-05-01.
- "Gloriana Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "Gloriana Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved January 31, 2011.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.
- "RIAA – Gold & Platinum – January 31, 2011: "Wild at Heart" certified awards". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved January 31, 2011.