Wildest Dreams (John Berry album)
|Studio album by John Berry|
|Released||September 28, 1999|
|Label||Lyric Street #165005|
|John Berry chronology|
Wildest Dreams is an album released in 1999 by American country music singer John Berry. It was his only release for the Lyric Street Records label, and his first release after exiting Capitol Nashville in 1998. The album includes the singles "Love Is for Giving" and "Power Windows," both of which charted on Hot Country Songs. Mark Spiro produced the album.
Following the release of his 1996 album Faces, Berry recorded two unreleased albums for his previous label, Capitol Nashville. The first of these, Crazy for the Girl, was to have been released in 1997, but its lead-off single "The Stone" was withdrawn after Berry suffered vocal cord problems. A second, Better Than a Biscuit, was given a release date of 1998, but also went unreleased due to Berry's decision to exit the label. Both of these albums produced low-charting singles: "The Stone" from the former, and "Over My Shoulder" and "Better Than a Biscuit" from the latter.
Wildest Dreams produced two singles for Barry on the Hot Country Songs charts: "Love Is for Giving" peaked at #53, and "Power Windows" (a cover of the Billy Falcon song) at #43. Also included are covers of John Farnham's "You're the Voice" and Phil Collins's "You'll Be in My Heart."
Charlotte Dillon of Allmusic rated the album four stars out of five, saying that its sound was closer to soft rock than country music, but praising Berry's voice and calling it a "powerful match" to the songs.
- "Love Is for Giving" (Robert Ellis Orrall, David Tyson) – 4:57
- "Rescued Me" (Marc-Alan Barnett, D. Vincent Williams) – 4:20
- "Love Was Made for Us" (Michael Lunn, Jeff Silbar) – 4:22
- "Salvation" (Gary Burr) – 4:03
- "Where Would I Be" (Rick Bowles, Jeff Hanna, Josh Leo) – 3:49
- "Power Windows" (Billy Falcon) – 4:14
- "Until I'm Loving You" (Jack Blades, Burr, Soraya) – 3:24
- "Rivers in the Clouds" (Lunn) – 3:24
- "You'll Be in My Heart" (Phil Collins) – 3:31
- "You're the Voice" (Andy Qunta, Keith Reid, Maggie Ryder, Chris Thompson) – 4:18
- "The One You Love" (Stephony Smith, Jeff Wood) – 3:46
- Eddie Bayers - drums
- John Berry - lead vocals
- Mike Brignardello - bass guitar
- Larry Byrom - acoustic guitar
- Eric Darken - percussion
- Dan Dugmore - steel guitar
- Larry Franklin - fiddle
- Paul Franklin - steel guitar
- Sonny Garrish - steel guitar
- John Hobbs - keyboards, piano
- Bobby Huff - drum loops
- Dann Huff - electric guitar
- Jeff King - electric guitar
- Greg Morrow - drums
- Steve Nathan - synthesizer strings
- Amanda Omartian - background vocals
- Mark Spiro - background vocals
- Kara Williamson - background vocals
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||43|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||12|
- Flippo, Chet (11 October 1997). "Nashville Scene". Billboard: 35.
- Toombs, Mikel (9 October 1998). "Not so amazingly, Berry gives his full attention to Berry". The San Diego Union. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 49. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Dillon, Charlotte. "Wildest Dreams review". Allmusic. Retrieved 15 September 2010.