The school yard and community centre in Wildwood
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Evan Woolley|
|• Total||1.9 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,140 m (3,740 ft)|
|• Average Income||$74,415|
|Website||Wildwood Community Association|
Wildwood is an established neighbourhood in the Southwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It was first settled in 1883 and developed in the 1950s on a plateau to the south to the Bow River valley, and is primarily composed of single-detached bungalows on wide lots with rear laneways.
Wildwood is bounded on the north by Edworthy Park, a significant natural area park in Calgary, and the Bow River. It borders the neighbourhood of Spruce Cliff on the east side at 38th Avenue SW, and is limited on the south side by Bow Trail, a (soon to be) six-lane expressway.
It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 8 councillor.
Between 2006 and 2009, Bow Trail is being widened to accommodate more suburban traffic.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $74,415 in 2000, and there were 9.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 13.4% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 0.9% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 10.7% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Wildwood Elementary public school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Wildwood Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- Johnston, Emeley (1975). Communities six : Calgary grows to the northeast and southwest. Century Calgary Publications. p. 57.
- City of Calgary: Bow Trail - 37 Street S.W. to Strathcona Boulevard S.W.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 6 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-21.