Wildwood State Park
|Wildwood State Park|
The Wye at Wildwood State Park, where the two entrances from North Wading River Road and Hulse Landing Road converge.
|Location||Wading River, New York|
|Area||767 acres (3.10 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||298,990 (in 2014)|
Wildwood State Park is a 767-acre (3.10 km2) state park located in Suffolk County, New York. The park is in the Town of Riverhead on the north shore of Long Island. The park includes a beach on Long Island Sound.
The park offers a beach, a playground, picnic tables, hiking and biking, fishing, a campground with tent and trailer sites, cross-country skiing, recreation programs and a food concession.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 674. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- Natural Heritage Trust; New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation; New York State Council of Parks & Recreation (1975). Fifty Years: New York State Parks, 1924-1974. Natural Heritage Trust. p. 21.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- Media related to Wildwood State Park at Wikimedia Commons
- New York State Parks: Wildwood State Park
- Wildwood State Park (Wandering Around the Block)
|This article about a location in Suffolk County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|