Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport
Wiley Post–Will Rogers International Airport
|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Northern Region|
|Elevation AMSL||44 ft / 13 m|
Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport, (IATA: BRW, ICAO: PABR, FAA LID: BRW) often referred to as Post/Rogers Memorial is a public airport located in Utqiagvik, the largest city and borough seat of the North Slope Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. The airport is owned by the state. Situated on the Chukchi Sea at a latitude of 71.29°N, the airport is the farthest north of any in US territory. The airport is named after American humorist Will Rogers and aviator Wiley Post, both of whom died about 9 mi (14 km) away at Point Barrow in a 1935 airplane crash.
Facilities and aircraft
For the 12-month period ending January 11, 2011, the airport had 12,010 aircraft operations, an average of 33 per day: 50% air taxi, 37% general aviation, 12% scheduled commercial and fewer than 1% military. At that time there were 8 aircraft based at this airport: 1 jet, 3 helicopters, 1 multi-engine, and 3 single-engine.
Airlines and destinations
|Alaska Airlines||Anchorage, Deadhorse, Fairbanks|
|Ravn Alaska||Atqasuk, Nuiqsut, Point Lay, Wainwright|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|5||Point Lay, AK||1,860||Hageland|
- FAA Airport Master Record for BRW ( PDF), effective January 5, 2017
- "BRW - Barrow, Alaska (Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport)". Great Circle Mapper. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- "About Barrow". City of Barrow. 2012. Archived from the original on 25 July 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport, Barrow, Alaska, USA". Airnav. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- Alaska Airlines. "Flight Timetable" (PDF). (retrieved January 8, 2017)
- Ravn Alaska. "Destinations". (retrieved January 8, 2017)
- "RITA | BTS | Transtats". Transtats.bts.gov. November 2016. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
Media related to Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- National Weather Service Barrow, Alaska
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an Alaska airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|