|Full name||Wilfrid Jaures Kaptoum|
|Date of birth||7 July 1996|
|Place of birth||Douala, Cameroon|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Samuel Eto'o Academy|
|2009–2010||→ Sant Andreu (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 August 2019|
Born in Douala, Kaptoum joined FC Barcelona's youth ranks in 2008, aged 12, after a stint in Samuel Eto'o's foundation. He was subsequently loaned to neighbouring UE Sant Andreu, and in June 2014 was promoted to the reserves in Segunda División.
Kaptoum played his first match as a professional on 23 August 2014, starting in a 0–2 away loss against CA Osasuna. He scored his first goal on 19 October, netting the second in a 4–1 home win against AD Alcorcón. On 28 October 2015, Kaptoum made his debut for Barcelona's first team, starting in a goalless draw away to CF Villanovense in the season's Copa del Rey.
Kaptoum's first appearance in the UEFA Champions League came on 9 December 2015, in a 1–1 draw away to Leverkusen. In another 1–1 draw game against Valencia CF on 10 February 2016, he scored his debut goal for the first team 2 minutes after coming in as a substitute in the second leg of Copa del Rey semifinals. His goal also served to extend FC Barcelona's unbeaten run to 29 games, breaking the previous record of 28 games set under Pep Guardiola in the 2010–11 season.
On 31 January 2018, two days after leaving Barcelona, Kaptoum signed with Real Betis and was initially assigned to the B-team. He made his first team debut on 4 October, replacing Sergio León in a 3–0 home defeat of F91 Dudelange, for the season's UEFA Europa League.
- As of 24 February 2019
- "Kaptoum". FC Barcelona. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Kaptoum, el único mediocentro africano (Kaptoum, the only African central midfielder); El Mundo Deportivo, 9 May 2012 (in Spanish)
- Kaptoum, un Zidane de color y vestido del Barça (Kaptoum, a black Zidane and wearing Barça); Sport, 14 May 2014 (in Spanish)
- Kaptoum tiene muchos números para subir al Barça B (Kaptoum has many numbers to rise to Barça B); Sport, 20 June 2014 (in Spanish)
- Un doblete de Nino endulza la vuelta a Segunda tras 14 años (A Nino's double makes the return to Segunda after 14 years sweeter); Marca, 23 August 2014 (in Spanish)
- Adama Traoré se disfraza de gacela para devorar al Alcorcón (Adama Traoré uses a gazelle costume to devour Alcorcón); Marca, 19 October 2014 (in Spanish)
- "Kaptoum y Aitor debutan con el primer equipo del Barcelona" [Kaptoum and Aitor debut with Barcelona's first team] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 28 October 2015. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Cámara y Kaptoum debutan en Champions" [Cámara y Kaptoum make their debut in the Champions League]. Mundo Deportivo (in Spanish). 9 December 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 1 Barcelona Player & Team ratings - 09/12/2015 UEFA Champions League". goal.com. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "Valencia 1-1 Barcelona (agg 1-8): Neville denied rare win as Barça break record". goal.com. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Barça salvage 1-1 King's Cup draw against improved Valencia". Reuters. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "El FC Barcelona, a la final de la Copa del Rey con récord" [Kaptoum extends Barça's unbeaten run as Luis Enrique's side stroll into Copa final]. Sport (in Spanish). 10 February 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- Rojo, Luis F. (29 January 2018). "Barcelona youngster Kaptoum to join Real Betis". Marca. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- Gillingham, Geoff (31 January 2018). "La Masia poster boys Bartra and Tello reunite at Real Betis". Marca. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "Betis 3–0 Dudelange". UEFA.com. 4 October 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- "Canales cierra los caminos" [Canales blocks the pathways] (in Spanish). Marca. 3 February 2019. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- Wilfrid Kaptoum at Soccerway
- "First Youth League title goes Barcelona's way". UEFA.com. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2015.