Wilhelm August Rieder
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wilhelm August Rieder (October 30, 1796 – September 8, 1880), was an Austrian painter and draughtsman.
Rieder was born in Oberdöbling, the son of the composer Ambros Rieder (1771–1855). He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, where he first met and befriended Franz Schubert. He subsequently painted a number of Schubert's portraits. He also painted a number of religious and historical themed works.
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Rieder, Wilhelm August . In : Biographical Dictionary of the Empire of Austria. Volume 26, published by LC Zamarski, Vienna 1874, pp. 107–110 .
- Art Auction by CJ Wawra : catalog of the artistic legacy of the history painter Wilhelm August Rieder, Vienna: CJ Wawra, 1881.
- Wilhelm August Rieder. In : Ulrich Thieme, Felix Becker, among others : general lexicon of visual artists from antiquity to the present. Volume XXVIII, E. A. Seemann, Leipzig 1934, p 322
- Prof. August Bangert : The 100th Death of W. A. Rieder, Perchtoldsdorf, 1980.
- G. Wacha : Wilhelm August Rieder . In : Austrian Biographical Encyclopaedia 1815-1950 ( ÖBL) . Volume 9 Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, 1988, ISBN 3-7001-1483-4, page 140
- Otto Erich Deutsch (ed.): Schubert: Memoirs by his friends (translation of the German edition, Breitkopf & Härtel, Leipzig, 1957 by Rosamond Ley and John Nowell), Wiesbaden : Breitkopf & Härtel, 1995, ISBN 3-7651-0186-9 .
- Ernst Hilmar : Schubert [Image Biography ] , Graz : Akademische Druck-u Verlagsges, 2 . revised edition, 1996, ISBN 3-201-01474-5 .
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wilhelm August Rieder.|
|This article about an Austrian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|