March 2, 1990 |
Puerto Cabello, Venezuela
|June 3, 2014, for the Kansas City Royals|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||0.00|
Rodríguez signed with the Tampa Bay Rays as an international free agent. Before the 2012 season, he ranked as the Rays' 20th best prospect, and was added to the Rays' 40 man roster to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.
Rodríguez signed a minor league deal with the Kansas City Royals on November 23, 2013. The team selected his contract from Triple A Omaha on June 2, 2014, and added him to their 25-man roster. He was released by the Royals on August 11, 2014. On August 18, he signed a minor league contract with the New York Yankees. He was released just four days later, without having thrown a single pitch.
On April 15, 2015, Rodriguez was suspended 80 games for a PED violation.
- "2012 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News". Tampabay.rays.mlb.com. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Colome, Rodriguez, Vogt added to Rays' roster | raysbaseball.com: News". Tampabay.rays.mlb.com. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- Kaegal, Dick (November 23, 2013). "Infielder Laird among five signed to Minor League deals". MLB.com. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- "Royals select contract of pitcher Wilking Rodriguez". Kansas City Royals. June 2, 2014. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Kaegal, Dick (August 12, 2014). "KC adds pop, acquires Willingham from Twins". MLB.com. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- Calcattera, Craig. "Wilking Rodriguez suspended 80 games for PEDs.". http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com. NBC Sports. Retrieved April 15, 2015. External link in
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to a Venezuelan baseball pitcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|