|Born||William Alan Friedle
August 11, 1976
Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, comedian|
William Alan "Will" Friedle (born August 11, 1976) is an American actor, voice actor and comedian. He is best known for his comedic roles, most notably the underachieving elder brother Eric Matthews on the long-running TV sitcom Boy Meets World from 1993 to 2000. More recently, he has voiced a number of animated characters such as Terry McGinnis/Batman, the titular character of Batman Beyond, and Ron Stoppable of Kim Possible. He does the voice of Deadpool in Ultimate Spider-Man. He also did the voices of Doyle in The Secret Saturdays, Lion-O in the rebooted ThunderCats series, and Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) on Batman: The Brave and the Bold. One of his most recent roles has been the speaking voice of Bumblebee in the final episode of Transformers: Prime and the movie Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising and in the sequel series Transformers: Robots in Disguise.
Friedle was born in Hartford, Connecticut, the son of Patricia Joan (née Leary) and Gary Allen Friedle, both lawyers. After committing himself to becoming an actor, Friedle continually commuted from Avon, CT to New York City for auditions. He attended Avon High School in 1994.
After co-hosting Nickelodeon's Don't Just Sit There for 3 seasons (1988–1991), Friedle was cast as the likeable but underachieving elder brother Eric Matthews on the long-running TV sitcom Boy Meets World from 1993 to 2000. In 2004, he co-starred with Chris Owen (American Pie) in the independent film National Lampoon's Gold Diggers (originally titled Lady Killers). He also appeared in a supporting role in the 2005 ABC Family movie Everything You Want. Friedle was cast as "Mike" in the WB sitcom Off Centre, but could not accept the role because of a previous commitment to the UPN series The Random Years. The role ended up going to Eddie Kaye Thomas from the American Pie series.
Friedle voiced Seifer Almasy in the English version of the video game Kingdom Hearts II, Gideon Wyeth in the English version of the video game Advent Rising, and Jaster Rogue in the English version of the video game Rogue Galaxy.
In 1997, Friedle dated American actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, and co-starred with her in the romantic teen comedy Trojan War. Hewitt made a guest appearance as Jennifer Love "Feffy" Fefferman on Boy Meets World.
Friedle is best friends with actor Jason Marsden and was the best man at Marsden's wedding in October 2004. The two have also worked together in numerous productions: Boy Meets World, Trojan War, Static Shock, Kim Possible, Batman Beyond, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, ThunderCats and Mad. Friedle announced his engagement in August 2015.
- Phegley, Kiel (28 January 2009). "The Bravest & Boldest: Will Friedle". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- Joan Friedle-Leary Biography Article
- Patricia Friedle Biography Article
- Friedle lands UPN sitcom Neil Wilkes, DigitalSpy, 4 March 2002
- Will Friedle
- Gerding, Stephen (2 June 2015). "EXCLUSIVE TRAILER DEBUT: Joker Rules in "Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "New Frontiers". Avengers Assemble. Season 2. Episode 25. September 13, 2015. Disney XD.
- "Widow's Run". Avengers Assemble. Season 2. Episode 12. February 22, 2015. Disney XD.
- "Planet Monster, Part 2". Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. Season 2. Episode 26. June 28, 2015. Disney XD.