Will It Go Round in Circles
|"Will It Go Round in Circles"|
|Single by Billy Preston|
|from the album Music Is My Life|
|Length||3:42 (single version)|
4:28 (album version)
|Songwriter(s)||Billy Preston, Bruce Fisher|
|Billy Preston singles chronology|
"Will It Go Round in Circles" is a song by American soul musician Billy Preston from his 1972 album Music Is My Life. It was written by Preston and Bruce Fisher. Released as a single in March 1973, the song topped the Hot 100 on 7-14 July 1973 and sold over a million copies. The song was the first of two number 1 hits for Preston as a solo performer, the other being "Nothing from Nothing", although he is also credited on the Beatles' 1969 hit "Get Back".
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||99|
|Canadian RPM 100||1|
|South Africa (Springbok)||20|
|US Billboard Hot 100||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Soul Singles||10|
|Canadian RPM Year-End||18|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||8|
|US Billboard Hot 100||358|
The song was covered by Donny Osmond on his 2009 album Love Songs Of The '70s. Phish covered the song twice in 1999, including on 10 September at The Gorge Amphitheatre. Orlando Brown covered the song for the 2006 soundtrack album That's So Raven Too!, for his Disney Channel series That's So Raven, his cover was also included the Disney Channel original film Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior. The song was performed in Hebrew by Yehonatan Geffen and Dani Litani in their 1974 live show That's All for Now - For Now That's All.
In popular culture
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 238. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "SA Charts 1965–March 1989". Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "Billy Preston Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 468.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-24. Retrieved 2015-05-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Top 100 Hits of 1973/Top 100 Songs of 1973". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Billboard Hot 100 60th Anniversary Interactive Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Phish Relisten". relisten.net. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior Entry". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- בינתיים זה הכל at Discogs
- "Beautiful Girls Entry". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
|This 1970s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|