Will It Go Round in Circles
|"Will It Go Round in Circles"|
|Single by Billy Preston|
|from the album Music Is My Life|
|Length||3:42 (single version)|
4:28 (album version)
|Songwriter(s)||Billy Preston, Bruce Fisher|
|Billy Preston singles chronology|
"Will It Go Round in Circles" is a song by American soul musician Billy Preston from his 1972 album Music Is My Life. It was written by Preston and Bruce Fisher. After its release as a single in March 1973, the song topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States for two weeks, and sold over a million copies. The song was the first of two number 1 hits for Preston as a solo performer, the other being "Nothing from Nothing", although he is also credited on the Beatles' 1969 hit "Get Back".
Weekly singles charts
|Canadian RPM 100||1|
|South Africa (Springbok Radio)||20|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||1|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Soul Singles||10|
|Canadian RPM Year-End||18|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||8|
The song was covered by Donny Osmond on his 2009 album Love Songs Of The '70s. Phish covered the song twice in 1999, including on 10 September at The Gorge Amphitheatre. Orlando Brown covered the song for the 2006 soundtrack album That's So Raven Too!, for his Disney Channel series That's So Raven, his cover was also included the Disney Channel original film Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior.
In popular culture
- The song was in the soundtrack of the 1996 Matt Dillon film Beautiful Girls.
- The song was played in a diner in the pilot for House of Cards.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "SA Charts 1965–March 1989". Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "Billy Preston: Awards". AllMusic. Archived from the original on August 20, 2012. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 468.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-24. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1973/Top 100 Songs of 1973". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Phish Relisten". relisten.net. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior Entry". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Beautiful Girls Entry". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|