Will Rogers Polo Club
The original polo field was designed by Will Rogers (1879-1935) on his ranch before he even designed his house in the 1930s. Early players were friends of Rogers, including David Niven (1910–1983), Spencer Tracy (1900–1967), Hal Roach (1892–1992), Walt Disney (1901–1966), Clark Gable (1901–1960), and Robert Montgomery (1904-1981).
Polo matches are played every weekend from April through September. Significant matches include the Annual Ronald Reagan Tournament, the Celebrity Ranch Cup, the Annual C.D. LeBlanc Memorial Tournament, the Farah Cup Challenge, the Dog Iron Polo Cup, Chukkers for Charity, the Annual Hector Sustaita Memorial Tournament and the Annual Will Rogers Memorial Tournament.
- Matthew Poole, Frommer's California 2010, Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, 2010, p. 570 
- Mary Moore, The Long and Short of the Game, The Los Angeles Times, September 22, 1994
- Michael P. Lucas, His Home on the Range : At Will Rogers State Historical Park, the cowboy philosopher's charm and way of life are preserved, The Los Angeles Times, March 03, 1995
- Mary Moore, WESTSIDE COVER STORY : Hard Times ON THE Polo Circuit, The Los Angeles Times, September 22, 1994
- Official website: About the club
- 'Sport', in Los Angeles Magazine, July 2000, p. 86 
- Horace A. Laffaye, Polo in the United States: A History, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, 2011, p. 88
- Mayoral Candidate Eric Garcetti (Harvard Westlake ’89) Kicks Off Polo Season at Will Rogers, The Daily Truffle, May 2012
- Official website, Schedule