Tukuafu with the San Francisco 49ers
|Born:||January 3, 1984|
Salt Lake City, Utah
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||280 lb (127 kg)|
|High school:||Salt Lake City (UT) East|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
William T. Tukuafu (born January 3, 1984) is an American football fullback who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent originally in 2010. He has also played for the San Francisco 49ers.
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tukuafu played in 39 games (37 starts) for the Ducks, registering 131 tackles, 32.5 tackles-for-loss, 14.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries, and four passes defensed. As a senior, he was named Second-Team All-Pac-10 by the coaches. He also earned Oregon’s Schaffeld Award and the Gonyea Award.
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2016)
Tukuafu was signed as an undrafted free agent on June 8, 2010 and was released on June 22, 2010.
San Francisco 49ers
Tukuafu was signed by the 49ers on August 12, 2010. He was released on September 3, 2010 and was re-signed to the practice squad two days later. He was promoted to the 49ers' active roster on December 18, 2010. He made NFL debut and recorded his first career fumble recovery on his first career play from scrimmage vs. Seattle on September 11, 2011. During his tenure in San Francisco, he saw action in 20 games from 2010-2013 and additionally six career playoff appearances with two starts. His versatility has allowed him to play fullback, defensive line, and on special teams.
At the end of the 2012 season, Tukuafu and the 49ers appeared in Super Bowl XLVII. He appeared in the game on offense, defense, and special teams, but the 49ers fell to the Baltimore Ravens by a score of 34–31.
Seattle Seahawks (second stint)
Tukuafu was signed by the Seahawks on October 29, 2014. He was released on September 3, 2016 and re-signed again on September 13 only to be released again the following week. On October 26, 2016, he was re-signed by the Seahawks. He was placed on injured reserve on December 13, 2016 after suffering a concussion in Week 13.
- Will Tukuafu – GoDucks.com – The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site. GoDucks.com (January 3, 1984). Retrieved on 2011-03-10.
- Former Oregon defensive lineman Will Tukuafu signs with the San Francisco 49ers | OregonLive.com. Blog.oregonlive.com. Retrieved on March 10, 2011.
- "Will Tukuafu College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- "Super Bowl XLVII - San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens - February 3rd, 2013". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- Boyle, John (October 26, 2016). "Seahawks Re-Sign Fullback Will Tukuafu, Release Running Back C.J. Spiller". Seahawks.com.
- Drovetto, Tony (December 13, 2016). "Seahawks Sign RB Kelvin Taylor, LB Ronald Powell; Place RB Troymaine Pope, FB Will Tukuafu On Injured Reserve". Seahawks.com.