William Wagstaff, commonly known as Will Wagstaff, is a leading ornithologist and naturalist in the Isles of Scilly, and also an author. His popular guided wildlife walks have made him both a well-known and popular figure in the islands. Originally from South Wales, Wagstaff has lived on the Isles of Scilly since 1981. He has had an active role in conservation work around the islands for more than 20 years, and has led guided wildlife walks there since 1985. He is currently Honorary President and Chairman of the Isles of Scilly Bird Group and regularly presents slideshows and leads other events on the islands. He also writes a regular column A Walk on the Wild Side for the local magazine Scilly Now & Then. He is a Tour Leader for Island Holidays and runs the Island Wildlife Tours group. He is part of the Travelling Naturalist group.
TV & radio appearances
- Wagstaff has appeared as a local wildlife expert on several TV programmes, including This Morning, Three Men in a Boat and Wild Britain
- Falkland Islands: The Bradt Travel Guide (2003). ISBN 978-1841620374.
- Isles of Scilly Bird & Natural History Review 2007 (2008)
- Radio Scilly
- Sea Salt Cornwall Feature
- Guardian Article
- Will Wagstaff profile - Island Wildlife Tours
- UK Naturalist Website
- Island Holidays: Tour Leaders
- Scilly Online
- Travelling Naturalist leaders
- UK Nature Trek
- Falkland Islands Government press release
- Merco Press Website
- "ITV1 Show Boosts Tourism Website Views". Scilly Today. 26 February 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- Will Wagstaff on Radio Scilly
- Amazon Entry