Will You Marry Me? (film)
|Will You Marry Me?|
|Directed by||Aditya Datt|
|Produced by||Vipin Jain|
|Music by||Sachin Gupta|
|Edited by||Irfan Shaikh|
Will You Marry Me? is a Hindi romantic comedy starring Shreyas Talpade, Rajeev Khandelwal, Mugdha Godse and Muzamil Ibrahim in lead roles. The film is about a beach wedding. It was shot in several locations including Fujairah and Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, Mumbai, India and Bangkok, Thailand. The film is a copy of the Hollywood movie Tomcats.
The film is about three bachelors Aarav (Shreyas Talpade), Nikhil (Muzamil Ibrahim) and Rajveer (Rajeev Khandelwal) who along with eleven other college mates sign a contract which has two clauses. The first clause says that all of them have to purchase certain number of Reliance shares, and the second rule explains all the shares will go to the man who will remain unmarried till the end. Slowly and steadily people start to break away from the rule and only Nikhil, Rajveer and Aarav remain single. Nikhil is in love with his childhood friend Anjali (Tripta Prashar) and wants to settle down with her but the other two have no such plans, but they find the proceedings interesting after discovering Anjali's best friend Sneha (Mugdha Godse) at the wedding. Suddenly all their plans to remain unmarried till the end vanish and the two start trying to win Sneha's heart. Meanwhile, one of Rajveer's friends gives him Rs 5 crore to keep but Rajveer being smart enough invests the money in the stock market, only to find that the company he invested in has crashed and a powerful business magnate (Paresh Rawal) is after him. Rajveer plans to convince Aarav to get married to Sneha so that he can get all the Reliance shares and pay his due. His plans fail when Aarav manages to listen in on a secret conversation.
- Mugdha Godse as Sneha
- Shreyas Talpade as Aarav
- Rajeev Khandelwal as Rajveer
- Muzamil Ibrahim as Nikhil
- Manoj Joshi as Anjali's father
- Tripta Parashar as Anjali
- Celina Jaitly as Vaishali (Special Appearance)
- Paresh Rawal as Gutka King (Sneha's father)
The crew shot in the United Arab Emirates from 26 May – 14 June 2010, according to Mugdha Godse's Twitter. The crew then shot in Mumbai. Filming was completed in Bangkok, Thailand from 24 July – 2 August 2010. "Sixty per cent of the film's story is set in the UAE", says director Aditya Datt. The promotional song "Soniye" choreographed by Jeet Singh.
|2||"Soniye"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||Gaurav Dagaonkar||4:44|
|3||"Superman"||Sukhwinder Singh, Jaspreet Jasz & Kshitij Tarey||Sachin Gupta||4:00|
|4||"Danke Ki Chot"||Master Saleem & Shweta Pandit||Toshi-Sharib||3:53|
|5||"Tu Ru Tu Ru Tu"||Sachin Gupta, Monali Thakur||Sachin Gupta||3:52|
|6||"Danke Ki Chot (Duet)"||Master Saleem, Daler Mehndi & Shweta Pandit||Toshi-Sharib||4:50|
The movie released to mostly negative reviews. RediffMovies gave 2 out of 5 star rating with the comment "'Will You Marry Me?' fails to impress". Times Of India gave 1.5 out of 5. The movie was declared disaster in first week of its release with total net gross of first week only Rs. 41 lac.
-  Bollywood Hungama Retrieved on 2010-6-7
- Bollywood filmmakers fall for scenic Fujairah Emirates Business, Retrieved on 2010-6-13
-  Twitter Retrieved on 2010-5-26
- "Review: Will You Marry Me fails to impress - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2 March 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- "Will You Marry Me? Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- https://web.archive.org/20120215000452/http://www.boxofficeindia.com:80/cpages.php?pageName=earnings. Archived from the original on 15 February 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012. Missing or empty