Willamette High School
|Willamette High School|
|1801 Echo Hollow Road|
Eugene, (Lane County), Oregon 97402
|Motto||Worth Honor Success|
|School district||Bethel School District|
|Number of students||1501|
|Color(s)||Maroon, gold, and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Southwest 6A|
Willamette High School, or "Wil-Hi", is located in the Bethel-Danebo area of West Eugene, Oregon, United States. It is one of two high schools in the Bethel School District along with Kalapuya High School.
Willamette High School first opened to students on September 26, 1949. The opening of Bethel School District's only comprehensive high school was the culmination of a process that began on April 9, 1948. On this date, the rural Lane County, Oregon communities of Bethel, Clear Lake, Danebo and Irving passed a measure to consolidate and build the high school. A 50-acre (200,000 m2) school site was purchased on May 17, 1948. Funding was provided by bond levies passed on May 11, 1948 and October 20, 1948. In November 2012, Bethel voters approved a $10 million science wing.
Willamette High School is noted for its vocational education, in addition to college prep, as featured on NPR.
In 1985 the boys' track team won the State Championship
In 1985 the varsity rally squad won the State Championship.
In 1957 and 1958 the cross country team won state titles.
- Brandon Beemer, 1998, actor and model, The Bold and the Beautiful
- Mickey Loomis, 1974, general manager of the New Orleans Saints
- Quintin Mikell, football player, Philadelphia Eagles
- Curtis Salgado, 1971, blues musician, who inspired John Belushi to form the Blues Brothers
- 2013 Willamette High School promotional video on vimeo
- Willamette Newsletter
- Willamette's College and Career Center
- Willamette Pride Facebook page
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- 1949-1950 Annual of Willamette High School
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Adams, Tom (2008-07-30). "New football-soccer field for Eugene high school". KVAL-TV. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "The Bold and the Beautiful ACTOR - Brandon Beemer". Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- "Bethel Fact For The Weeks Of February 22, 2010". 2010-02-22.
- Crafts, Fred (1979-01-04). "The Birth of the Blues (Brothers)" (PDF). The Register-Guard. Retrieved 2007-11-19.