Willeke van Ammelrooy
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Willeke van Ammelrooy|
Willeke van Ammelrooy in 1973
5 April 1944 |
Life and career
Success with Antonia's Line
She later starred in the award-winning feminist film Antonia's Line, which tells the story of an independent woman who, after returning to the anonymous Dutch village of her birth, establishes and nurtures a close-knit matriarchal community.
She received positive reviews and the Golden Calf for Best Actress for her performance and the film enjoyed critical success, including the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 68th Academy Awards. Emanuel Levy, writing for The Advocate, wrote "It's easy to see why" the film was winning awards in festivals, calling it "an enchanting fairy tale that maintains a consistently warm, lighthearted feel," and Willeke van Ammelrooy wonderful. Janet Maslin of The New York Times called it "a work of magical feminism." The film also screened at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the People's Choice Award.
Van Ammelrooy is married to the Dutch opera singer Marco Bakker.
- Het Glazen Huis (2004–2005)
- Mira (1971)
- L'assassino... è al telefono (1972)
- De inbreker (1972)
- Frank en Eva (1973)
- Dakota (1974)
- Help! de dokter verzuipt (1974)
- Alicia (1974)
- La Donneuse (1975)
- L'arrière train sifflera trois fois (1975)
- L'amour au trousses (1975)
- O.Q Corral (1975)
- Wan Pipel (1976)
- Grijpstra en de Gier (1979)
- Een vlucht regenwulpen (1981)
- Het dak van de walvis (1982)
- De Lift (1983)
- Herenstraat 10 (1983)
- Ciske de Rat (1984)
- Op hoop van zegen (1986)
- Koko Flanel (1990)
- Alleen maar vrienden (1992)
- Antonia's Line (1995) (Oscar for best foreign movie)
- Lijmen/Het Been(2001)
- De Schippers van de Kameleon (2003)
- De duistere diamant (2004)
- The Lake House (2006)
- Bride Flight (2008)
- The Hell of '63 (2009)
- Bride Flight (2011)
- Emanuel Levy, "A fairy tale," The Advocate, March 5, 1996, p. 64.
- Maslin, Janet (2 February 1996). "A Line of Strong Women With Faith in Destiny". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Guthmann, Edward (14 February 1996). "Antonia's' Tangled Line". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Antonia's Line". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Willeke van Ammelrooy.|
|This article about a Dutch actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|