William Addison, 4th Viscount Addison
|William Matthew Wand Addison|
|Born||13 June 1945|
|Title||4th Viscount Addison|
William Matthew Wand Addison, 4th Viscount Addison (born 13 June 1945) is a British peer. The son of Michael Addison, 3rd Viscount Addison, he succeeded the Viscountcy on the death of his father in 1992.
In the House of Lords, Viscount Addison had sat as a Conservative peer until the House of Lords Act 1999 removed his automatic right to sit in the House. He stood for election as an elected hereditary peer (and therefore possessing the right to continue to sit). However, he finished 47th amongst the Conservative peers (a total of 42 Conservative peers were elected). He has stood in subsequent by-elections for election to the House, but to date has been unsuccessful.
On 10 October 1970, he married Joanna Mary Dickinson, with whom he had the following children:
- Hon Sarah Louise Addison (b. 1971)
- Hon Paul Wand Addison (b. 1973)
- Hon Caroline Amy Addison (b. 1979)
In 1991, he married Lesley Ann Mawer.
|Ancestors of William Addison, 4th Viscount Addison|
- ‘ADDISON’, Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017
- http://www.election.demon.co.uk/lords.html url accessed 15 February 2007
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Viscount Addison
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|This biography of a viscount in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|