William Arden Maury (July 29, 1832 – June 16, 1918) was an American lawyer and politician. He served as United States Assistant Attorney General from 1889 to 1893.
Born Washington, D.C., to John Walker Maury and Isabel Foyles, he attended Harvard Law School.
- ^ Trimpi, Helen P. (2010). Crimson Confederates: Harvard Men Who Fought for the South. Univ. of Tennessee Press. pp. 368–369. ISBN 157233682X.
Maury family tree
- Matthew Maury, immigrant
- James Maury (1718–1769)
- Mathew Maury (1744–1808)
- Matthew Hawes Maury (1777–1860)
- James Maury (1746–1840), one of the first United States diplomats
- Walker Maury (1752–1788)
- Fontaine Maury (1761–1824)
- Eliza Maury (b. 1793)
- Richard Brooke Maury (b. 1794)
- Rev. Thompson Brooke Maury
- Richard Maury (1766–1843)
- Abraham Maury (b. 1731), m. Susanna Poindexter, a cousin of George Poindexter
- Abraham "Abram" Maury, Jr. (b. 1766), Major, Tennessee state legislator