This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
William Berloni (Bill Berloni) is an American Animal Behaviorist, Humanitarian and Author, known for his training of rescue animals for stage, film and television. Currently the subject of Discovery Family Reality Show premiering August 2015.
"Bill Berloni graduated from Berlin high school in Connecticut desiring to be an actor. While a theater major at Central Connecticut State University he apprenticed at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, Connecticut. During his second season of volunteering at Goodspeed the producer Martin Charnin offered him an opportunity to get in the Actors' Equity Association. The offer was contingent upon his finding and training a dog for the new musical they were producing called "Annie". Being a wide eyed kid at the time, he agreed and adopted his first Sandy dog from a local shelter, thus beginning a new career direction."
Since that first Sandy, Bill has not only given acting careers to many shelter dogs in film, television and stage, but also has found loving homes for thousands of dogs over the years."
Bill Berloni is known training numerous shelter animals for film and television including Charlie Wilson's War, Disney Channel Original Movie Frenemies and the Sony Pictures “Annie 2014 Film” starring Quvenzhané Wallis and Jamie Foxx due in theaters Christmas 2014.
Bill discovered the newest Sandy, Marti, a 4-year old Chow Mix who was abandoned at a high kill shelter Georgia then spent two years in various shelters finally ending up in Westchester County, New York where Bill adopted and trained her.
Bill is a published author known for his book "Broadway Tail" and has been featured on many news shows including The Today Show, CBS Sunday Morning, CBS News and Arise Entertainment 360 TV
|2015||Mr Robot (TV Series)||USA Network||Head Animal Trainer|
|2015||From Wags to Riches with Bill Berloni||Discovery Family||Self|
|2015||Peter Pan Live||NBC||Head Animal Trainer|
|2014-2015||Power (TV Series)||Starz||Head Animal Trainer|
|2014||The Leftovers (TV Series)||HBO||Head Animal Trainer|
|2014||Deep in the Darkness||Chiller (TV channel)||Head Animal Trainer|
|2012||Frenemies (film)||Disney Channel||Head Animal Trainer|
|2012||Hope Springs (2012 film)||Columbia Pictures||Head Animal Trainer|
|2012||Annie's Search for Sandy||NBC||Producer|
|2005||The Producers (2005 film)||Universal Studios||Head Animal Trainer|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Outer Critics Circle Award|
|2014||Pet Philanthropy Circle Pet Hero Award|
|2011||Tony Honors for Excellence in Theatre|
- "DISCOVERY FAMILY CHANNEL SETS THE STAG… : Discovery Communications". corporate.discovery.com. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- Bianculli, David (November 2, 2012). "Animal Stage Trainer Makes Stars Out Of Pound Pups". NPR Radio. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Szabo, Julia (December 10, 2012). ""We Interview William Berloni Trainer of Sandy in "Annie"". Dogster. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Defeo, Saundra (June 2011). "(Press Release) 'We are pleased to announce that Humane Society of New York's Director of Animal Behavior and Training wins a Tony Award!'". Humane Society of New York.
- Grode, Eric (June 11, 2011). "Good Boy! A Trainers Tony treat". [New York Times]. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Gans, Andrew (April 6, 2011). "Athol Fugard, Philip J. Smith, Eve Ensler Win Special Tony Awards". Playbill. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Berloni, William (September 4, 2012). Broadway Tails (revised ed.). Rowman & Littlefield Publishers Inc. p. 256. ISBN 9780762783083. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "From dog shelter to Broadway" (Video). todayshow.com. http://www.today.com/video/today/48241089#48241089: CBS Today show. Retrieved 1 December 2014.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Johnson, Catlin. "Bill Berloni Makes Stars Out of Strays". CBS Sunday Morning. CBS News. Archived from the original (Video) on May 13, 2007. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Award-Winning Animal Trainer Bill Berloni Stops by the Couch". CBS News. the Couch. Archived from the original (Video) on March 31, 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Broadway Dog Trainer Bill Berloin tells his dog training Secrets". Arise Entertainment 360. Archived from the original (Video) on July 3, 2014.
- Dziemianowicz, Joe (October 26, 2012). "Annie's Search for Sandy". New York Daily News. Archived from the original (Newspaper) on October 26, 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Cromarty, Peter. "Outer Critics Circle Announce 64th Annual Awards". Outer Critics Circle. Archived from the original on May 12, 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "2014 Pet Hero Award Winner". Pet Philanthropy Circle. Archived from the original on August 24, 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.