William C. Potter
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
William C. Potter is a Professor of Nonproliferation Studies and Director of the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS). He also directs the MIIS Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies.
Dr. Potter has contributed chapters and articles to over eighty-five scholarly books and journals. He has served as a consultant to the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the RAND Corporation, and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. He has been a member of several committees of the National Academy of Sciences and currently serves on the National Academy of Sciences Nonproliferation Panel.
His present research focuses on nuclear terrorism and proliferation issues involving the post-Soviet states. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Pacific Council on International Policy, and served for five years on the UN Secretary-General's Advisory Board on Disarmament Matters and the Board of Trustees of the UN Institute for Disarmament Research. He currently serves on the International Advisory Board of the Center for Policy Studies in Russia (Moscow). He was an advisor to the delegation of Kyrgyzstan to the 1995 NPT Review and Extension Conference and to the 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007 sessions of the NPT Preparatory Committee, as well as to the 2000 and 2005 NPT Review Conferences.
- (ed.) Verification and SALT: The Challenge of Strategic Deception (1980)
- Nuclear Power and Nonproliferation: An Interdisciplinary Perspective (1982)
- (co-edited) Soviet Decisionmaking for National Security (1984)
- (ed.) Verification and Arms Control (1985)
- (co-edited) The Nuclear Suppliers and Nonproliferation (1985)
- (co-edited) Continuity and Change in Soviet-East European Relations (1989)
- Soviet Decisionmaking fr Chernobyl: An Analysis of System Performance and Policy Change (1990)
- (ed.) International Nuclear Trade and Nonproliferation (1990)
- Nuclear Profiles of the Soiet Successor States (1993)
- (co-edited) International Missile Bazaar: The New Suppliers' Network (1994)
- (co-edited) Dismantling the Cold War: U.S. and NIS Perspectives on the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program (1997)
- (co-edited) Dangerous Weapons, Desperate States (1999)
- Tactical Nuclear Weapons: Options for Control (2000)
- (as co-author) The Four Faces of Nuclear Terrorism (2005)
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|