William Corless Mills
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|William Corless Mills|
Bookplate of William Corless Mills, showing archaeological artefacts and a skeleton
|Born||January 2, 1860
|Died||January 17, 1928|
William Corless Mills (January 2, 1860 - January 17, 1928) was a US museum curator.
Mills was born in Pyrmont, Ohio.
- member of the American Ornithological Union
- member and librarian of the Ohio Academy of Science
- member and president of the Wheaton Ornithological Society
- member and treasurer of the Columbus Horticultural Society
- charter member of the American Association of Museums (now the American Alliance of Museums)
- member of the Columbus Iris Society
- member of the National Research Council of Archaeology
- fellow of the American Ethnological Society
- fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- fellow of the American Anthropological Society
- assistant editor of the Ohio Naturalist
- lecturer in Sociology in the College of Commerce and Administration of the Ohio State University
Mills died in Columbus, Ohio.
- Excavation of the Adena Mound (1902)
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|