William D. Eggers
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
February 14, 1967|
New York City
|Education||University of California-San Diego|
Fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration (2006)|
Louis Brownlow Award (2005)
APEX Award for excellence in business journalism (2002)
Sir Anthony Fisher Award (1996)
William Eggers (born February 14, 1967) is an American writer and government consultant.
Eggers was born in New York City, grew up in the Chicago suburb of Lake Forest, Illinois and attended the University of California-San Diego. He is the brother of author Dave Eggers. Eggers currently resides in Washington, DC with his wife Morgann Rose. The couple was married at a surprise wedding at the Washington Ballet's annual white party in 2015 hosted at the couple's home near Palisades Park.
Bill Eggers has worked in government reform for more than two decades. He is currently the Director of Deloitte's Public Sector Research Group where he is responsible for research for Deloitte's Public Sector and Federal practices.
He is a former appointee to the U.S. Office of Management and Budget's Performance Measurement Advisory Commission and the former Project Director for the Texas Performance Review/e-Texas initiative. He also served as a Commissioner for the Texas Incentive and Productivity Commission and a designee on the Texas Council on Competitive Government.
- Revolution at the Roots: Making our Government Smaller, Better and Closer to Home (with John O'Leary). The Free Press, 1995. ISBN 0-02-874027-0
- Governing by Network: The New Shape of the Public Sector (with Stephen Goldsmith). Brookings Institution Press, 2004. ISBN 978-0-8157-3129-0
- Government 2.0: Using Technology to Improve Education, Cut Red Tape, Reduce Gridlock and Enhance Democracy. Rowman and Littlefield, 2005. ISBN 978-0-7425-4176-4
- States of Transition: Tackling Government's Toughest Policy and Management Challenges (with Robert Campbell). Deloitte Research, 2006. ISBN 978-0-9790611-0-3
- If We Can Put a Man on the Moon: Getting Big Things Done in Government, Harvard Business Press, 2009. ISBN 978-1-4221-6636-9
- Public Innovator's Playbook: Nurturing Bold Ideas in Government (with Shalabh Singh). Deloitte Research, 2009. ISBN 978-0-9790611-1-0
- Pay for Success (with Paul Macmillan). Ethos Journal, December 2013
- The Solution Revolution: How Business, Government, and Social Enterprises Are Teaming Up to Solve Society's Toughest Problems (with Paul Macmillan). Harvard Business Review Press, 2013. ISBN 978-1422192191
- Delivering on Digital: The Innovators and Technologies That Are Transforming Government. Deloitte University Press and Rosetta Books, 2016. ISBN 978-0795347511