William Duncombe, 2nd Baron Feversham
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Feversham
Monument to Lord Feversham, Helmsley, North Yorkshire
|Member of Parliament for North Riding of Yorkshire|
Serving with Edward Stillingfleet Cayley
|Member of Parliament for Yorkshire|
|Born||14 January 1798|
|Died||11 February 1867 (aged 69)|
William Duncombe, 2nd Baron Feversham (14 January 1798 – 11 February 1867) was a British peer and Tory politician.
Feversham was the eldest son of Charles Duncombe, 1st Baron Feversham, and Lady Charlotte, daughter of William Legge, 2nd Earl of Dartmouth. The Hon. Arthur Duncombe and the Hon. Octavius Duncombe were his younger brothers.
Feversham was returned to Parliament as one of four representatives for Yorkshire in 1826, a seat he held until 1832. He was later Member of Parliament for the North Riding of Yorkshire between 1832 and 1841. The latter year he succeeded his father in the barony and took his seat in the House of Lords.
Lord Feversham married, in 1823, Lady Louisa Stewart, daughter of Admiral George Stewart, 8th Earl of Galloway. They had several children. He died in February 1867, aged 69, and was succeeded by his son, William, who was created Earl of Feversham the following year. Lady Feversham died in March 1889.
- William Duncombe, 1st Earl of Feversham (1829-1915)
- Hon. Cecil Duncombe (1832-1902), a Captain of the 1st Life Guards, DL and County Councillor for North Riding of Yorkshire, and director of the North Eastern Railway; m. Eleanor Jane Mills, daughter of Sir Charles Mills, 1st Baronet.
- "Obituary - Hon. Cecil Duncombe". The Times (36774). London. 22 May 1902. p. 4.
- "Name: MEMORIAL TO SECOND BARON FEVERSHAM List entry Number: 1315924". Histic England. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Lord Feversham
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
(representation increased to four members 1826)
|Member of Parliament for Yorkshire
With: Viscount Milton 1826–1830
Richard Fountayne-Wilson 1826–1830
John Marshall 1826–1830
Viscount Morpeth 1830–1831
Henry Brougham 1830
Richard Bethell 1830–1831
Sir John Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone, Bt 1830–1831
Sir John Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone, Bt
John Charles Ramsden
|New constituency||Member of Parliament for the North Riding of Yorkshire
With: Edward Stillingfleet Cayley
Edward Stillingfleet Cayley
Hon. Octavius Duncombe
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
William Ernest Duncombe