William E. Watson
|William E. Watson|
|Born||New York City|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania, Eastern College|
|Awards||Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award at Immaculata University|
William E. Watson was born in New York City. He is Professor of History at Immaculata University in Malvern, Pennsylvania. He received his PhD in Medieval History from the University of Pennsylvania. He is the director of the Duffy's Cut Project. He was a Commonwealth Speaker for the Pennsylvania Humanities Council 2006-2007, and was also the recipient of the Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award at Immaculata University for the year 2006-2007.
- Watson, William E.; J. Francis Watson; John H. Ahtes; Earl H. Schandelmeier (2006). The Ghosts of Duffy's Cut: The Irish who Died Building America's Most Dangerous Stretch of Railroad. Connecticut: Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 216. ISBN 0275987272. doi:10.1336/0275987272.
- Tricolor and Crescent: France and the Islamic World (Praeger, 2003)
- The Collapse of Communism in the Soviet Union (Greenwood, 1998)
- Irish Americans: The History and Culture of a People, William E. Watson and Eugene J. Halus, Eds. (ABC-Clio, 2015) 
- Watson, William E. (2001). "Ibn al-Athir on the Rus: A Commentary and Translation". Canadian-American Slavic Studies. 35 (4, Winter): 423–438. Archived from the original on 2003-10-18. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- Watson, William E. (1993). "The Battle of Tours-Poitiers Revisited". Providence: Studies in Western Civilization. Providence College Press. 1 (2): 51–68.
Watson's paper at the Immaculata University Chronicle of Faith Conference (April 4, 2008) is available
- Watson, William E. (2009). "The Sisters of Charity, the 1832 Cholera Epidemic and Duffy's Cut". US Catholic Historian. The Catholic University of America Press. 27 (4): 1–16.
Watson's paper at the University of Oregon conference The Millennium: Russia and Christianity AD 988-1988 (April 11, 1988)
- Watson, William E. (1990). "Arabic Perceptions of Russia's Christian Conversion". The Millennium: Russia and Christianity AD 988-1988, Ed. Albert Leong. St. Vladimir's Seminary Press: 33–40.
Watson's dissertation at the University of Pennsylvania: Watson, William Ernest (January 1, 1990). The hammer and the crescent: Contacts between Andalusi Muslims, Franks, and their successors in three waves of Muslim expansion into Francia (dissertation).
- "Duffy's Cut". Pennsylvania Humanities Council. Retrieved 16 August 2010.