William G. Parrett
|William G. Parrett|
|Born||June 4, 1945|
|Education||St. Francis College, New York|
Founder of the US National Financial Services Industry Group and the Global Financial Services Industry Group of Deloitte,|
CPA, management in finance
|Board member of||
UBS Americas Holding LLC,|
the Eastman Kodak Company,
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.,
William G. Parrett is a senior manager who has served public, private, governmental, and state-owned clients worldwide. In October 2008, Parrett was elected to the board of directors of UBS AG and, in November 2014, to the Board of Directors of UBS Group AG. In May 2018, he stepped down from this role and is focussing on the position of President of UBS Americas Holding LLC.
Parrett graduated with an undergraduate degree (BBA) in accounting from St. Francis College, New York, in 1967. He then became a certified public accountant. In April 2007, he was given an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters by his alma mater.
Parrett was the chairman of the board of the United States Council for International Business from April 2005 through March 2010. Prior to that, Parrett was the CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu from 2003 until he retired from his position in 2007. In 1995, he founded US Deloitte’s Global Financial Services Industry Group. He served on Deloitte’s Global Executive Committee from 1999 to 2007. In 1997, he also founded the Global Financial Services Industry Group, which he led as chairman.  In UBS, Parrett chaired the Audit Committee since 2009, had been a member of the Corporate Culture and Responsibility Committee since 2012 and member of the Compensation Committee since 2015.
His previous positions include a board membership at the International Chamber of Commerce, chairman of the board of the United Way Worldwide and a trustee of the Catholic University of America. He has provided service to many of the Deloitte’s leading clients serving as an Advisory or Leadership Partner, among others to General Motors, Merrill Lynch & Co., Abbott Laboratories, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Royal Bank of Canada, BASF, Bridgestone Corp., The Charles Schwab Corp., Marsh & McLennan Companies and The Procter & Gamble Company.
Other activities and functions
- Board member of the Eastman Kodak Company (chairman of the audit committee)
- Board member of the Blackstone Group LP (chairman of the audit committee and chairman of the conflicts committee)
- Board member of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (chairman of the audit committee)
- Member of the Committee on Capital Markets Regulation
- Member of the Carnegie Hall Board of Trustees.
As a member of the boards of Kodak, Blackstone Group, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, he is required to publicly report his interests in those companies, amounting approximately to US$4 million, as of 2016.
- "UBS Group AG Corporate bodies". UBS Group AG.
- "UBS Group AG (UBS)". Reuters. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Where can an Accounting & Business Law Degree from St. Francis College take you?". St. Francis College. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "William G. Parrett CPA". Businessweek.com.
- "St. Francis Alumnus Receives Honorary Degree". 2007-04-10. Retrieved 2015-01-22.
- "Dr. Johnson with USCIB Chairman William G. Parrett (left) and USCIB President Peter M. Robinson". United States Council for International Business. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Deloitte CEO William G. Parrett to Speak on Accounting and Accountability in Leaders Forum Lecture, December 8 at 11:45 a.m." Yale School of Management. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "CSR News.Deloitte CEO William G. Parrett Tells Ethics Leaders That Principled Ethical Behavior Fosters Economic Opportunity. Strong Governance and Ethical Behavior Linked to Corporate Well Being". CSRwire, LLC. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "On Its 90th Anniversary ICC Is Feted at the United Nations". United States Council for International Business.
- "Trustees, USCIB". United States Council for International Business.
- "UBS Group AG. UBS Board of Directors. William G. Parrett, Independent Director". morningstar.com. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "William Parrett Boa Forum". Boa Forum.
- "Executive Profile". Bloomberg.
- "William Parrett | Conduent Director". Conduent. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Board of Directors". morningstar.com. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. William G. Parrett". marketwatch.com. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "William G. Parrett". 2016-04-05. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "William G Parrett Insider Trading Overview". www.insidermole.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Parrett, William G. (2007). The Sentinel CEO: Perspectives on Security, Risk, and Leadership in a Post-9/11 World. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-0-470-14796-2.
- Jacobi, Jeffrey (2009). How to Say It with Your Voice. Prentice Hall Press. ISBN 978-0-735-20449-2.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|