William G. Parrett
|William G. Parrett|
|Born||June 4, 1945|
|Education||St. Francis College, New York|
|Occupation||Founder of the US National Financial Services Industry Group and the Global Financial Services Industry Group of Deloitte,
CPA, management in finance
|Board member of||UBS AG,
the Eastman Kodak Company,
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.,
William G. Parrett is a senior level manager who has served public, private, governmental, and state-owned clients worldwide. In October 2008, Parrett was elected to the Board of Directors of UBS AG and in November 2014 to UBS Group AG.
Parrett graduated with a Bachelor's degree (BBA) in accounting from St. Francis College, New York, in 1967. Subsequently, he acquired the title of certified public accountant. In April 2007, he was conferred an honorary degree of Doctorate for Humane Letter, from his Alma mater.
Parrett was the chairman of the Board of the United States Council for International Business from April 2005 through March 2010. Prior to that, Parrett was the CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu from 2003 until 2007, when he retired. In 1995 he was the founder of US Deloitte’s Global Financial Services Industry Group, serving on Deloitte’s Global Executive Committee between 1999 and 2007. In 1997, he also founded the Global Financial Services Industry Group, which he led as chairman. 
In UBS, Parrett chairs the Audit Committee since 2009, has been a member of the Corporate Culture and Responsibility Committee since 2012 and member of the Compensation Committee since 2015.
His previous positions include a board membership at International Chamber of Commerce, chairman of the board of the United Way Worldwide and a trustee of the Catholic University of America. He has provided service to many of the Deloitte’s leading clients serving as an Advisory or Leadership Partner, among others to General Motors, Merrill Lynch & Co., Abbott Laboratories, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Royal Bank of Canada, BASF, Bridgestone Corp., The Charles Schwab Corp., Marsh & McLennan Companies and The Procter & Gamble Company.
Other activities and functions
- Board member of the Eastman Kodak Company (chairman of the Audit Committee)
- Board member of the Blackstone Group LP (chairman of the Audit Committee and chairman of the Conflicts Committee)
- Board member of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (chairman of the Audit Committee)
- Member of the Committee on Capital Markets Regulation
- Member of the Carnegie Hall Board of Trustees.
As a member of the Board of Kodak, Blackstone Group, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, he is reported to own shares in all three, amounting approximatelly to US$ 4 million.
- "UBS Group AG Corporate bodies". UBS Group AG.
- "William G. Parrett CPA". Businessweek.com.
- "St. Francis Alumnus Receives Honorary Degree". 2007-04-10. Retrieved 2015-01-22.
- "On Its 90th Anniversary ICC Is Feted at the United Nations". United States Council for International Business.
- "Trustees, USCIB". United States Council for International Business.
- "William Parrett Boa Forum". Boa Forum.
- "Executive Profile". Bloomberg.
- "William G. Parrett". 2016-04-05. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "William G Parrett Insider Trading Overview". www.insidermole.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Parrett, William G. (2007). The Sentinel CEO: Perspectives on Security, Risk, and Leadership in a Post-9/11 World. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-0-470-14796-2.
- Jacobi, Jeffrey (2009). How to Say It with Your Voice. Prentice Hall Press. ISBN 978-0-735-20449-2.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|