William Goadby Loew
Life and career
He bought a seat on the New York Stock Exchange in 1897. He married Florence Bellows Baker, the daughter of George Fisher Baker, at All Souls' Unitarian Church in New York City on April 12, 1898. In 1934, he was picked as one of the best-dressed men in the United States.
- "W. G. Loew Dead. Stockbroker, 79. Prominent Society Figure and Sportsman Bought Exchange Seat in 1897". New York Times. May 24, 1955. Retrieved 2010-11-05.
William Goadby Loew, retired, former head of Loew Co., died yesterday afternoon of a heart attack at the Racquet and Tennis Club, 70 Park Avenue, ...
- "Easter Monday Nuptials. Miss Florence Baker Is Married to William Goadby Loew at All Souls' Church". New York Times. April 12, 1898. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
The wedding of Miss Florence B. Baker, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George F. Baker, and William Goadby Loew, brought a throng of fashionable people to All Souls' Unitarian Church, Fourth Avenue and Twentieth Street, at 3 P.M. yesterday. The Rev. Dr. Thomas R. Slicer, pastor of the church, performed the ceremony.
- "Jury of Tailors Picks William Goadby Loew of Wall St. for Sartorial Taste". New York Times. December 25, 1934. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
A Wall Street broker received the distinction yesterday of being America's best-dressed man in an informal selection by a jury of tailors, according to The Associated Press. ... He is William Goadby Loew, whose sartorial excellence is reflected in a dark gray sack coat and striped trousers, with a washable waistcoat and a white ...
- "Mrs. W. G. Loew Dies In N. Y.; Once Harford Hunt Master. Daughter Of Late George F. Baker Was Known Here For Charities And Interest In Many Forms Of Sport". Baltimore Sun. May 25, 1936. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
Mrs. William Goadby Loew, younger daughter of the late George F. Baker, chairman of the board of the First National Bank, died last night ...
- "Mrs. Loew Is Dead. Leader In Society. Daughter of Late George F. Baker, Famous Banker, and Wife of New York Broker. Noted as Horsewoman. Benefactor of Needy Children-Had Won Many Prizes for Flower Show Exhibits.". New York Times. May 25, 1936. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
Mrs. Florence Baker Loew, wife of William Goadby Loew and daughter of the late George F. Baker, famous banker, died Saturday night at her home, ...