William H. Getchell
William Henry Getchell (1829–1910) was a photographer in 19th-century Boston, Massachusetts. He was born in Hallowell, Maine, on March 10, 1829. He lived in Peoria, Illinois, and then moved to Boston. In 1857 he married Sarah Hapgood; they had one child—Frederick Getchell (b. 1858). In the early 1860s Getchell worked in Boston with George M. Silsbee and John G. Case as "Silsbee, Case & Co.;" and again with Case as "Case & Getchell," ca.1862-1864. He later ran a solo photography studio in the 1860s and 1870s. As of 1898 he lived in Dorchester. He died in Boston in August, 1910.
- Photo-Era Magazine, November 1910; p.266
- Densmore. Hand-book of Hartwell genealogy, 1636-1887. 1887.
- Hapgood. The Hapgood family: descendants of Shadrach, 1656-1898. 1898.
- Boston Directory. 1861
- Gutman. John Wilkes Booth himself. Dover, Mass: Hired Hand Press, 1979.
- Case & Getchell
- W.H. Getchell
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to William H. Getchell.|
- Silsbee, Case & Co.
- Flickr. Portrait of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, by Silsbee, Case & Co., ca.1863
- Flickr. Portrait of the wife of George W. Holdrege, by Silsbee, Case & Co.
- Harvard University, works by Silsbee, Case & Co.
- Massachusetts Historical Society, works by Silsbee, Case & Co.
- Case & Getchell (1862–1864)
- New York Public Library. John Lothrop Motley
- New York Public Library. John Howard Payne
- Flickr. Portrait of an unidentified woman, ca.1864
- Flickr. Portrait of an unidentified man
- Flickr. Portrait of a soldier
- W.H. Getchell