William Henry Stone (MP)
Stone was the son of William Stone of Dulwich Hill and his wife Mary Platt daughter of Thomas Platt of Hampstead. He was educated at Harrow School and at Trinity College, Cambridge graduating BA as 30th Wrangler and 8th Classic in 1857 and MA in 1860. In 1859, he was a Fellow of Trinity College. He was a merchant and East India agent and a director of the London and County Banking Co. He lived at Godalming and was a J.P. for Surrey and Hampshire.
Stone died at the age of 62.
Stone married Melicent Helps daughter of Sir Arthur Helps in 1864.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "P" (part 2)
- Debretts House of Commons and the Judicial Bench 1870
- "Stone, William Henry (STN853WH)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. pp. 246–7. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by William Stone
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|