William Howard Taft University
|Type||Private for-profit online|
|President||Dr. Neil A. Johnson|
William Howard Taft University is a private for-profit online university headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 1976 as a graduate school providing continuing education for certified public accountants, the university evolved as a pioneer and leader in distance education. Today, it offers nationally accredited academic programs up to doctoral level. William Howard Taft University and Taft Law School together form the Taft University System.
William Howard Taft University's Doctor of Education program was suspended in 2003 in order for the university to obtain Distance Education and Training Council accreditation, since DETC did not accredit doctoral programs at the time. In 2009, when DETC’s scope of authority was expanded to include professional doctorates, the program was resumed.
William Howard Taft University offers an online Bachelor's degree completion program in business administration, master's degree programs in business administration (M.B.A. programs) in general business, healthcare administration, entrepreneurship, and private practice management. Master's degree programs are also offered in taxation (M.S.T.) and education (M.Ed.). Doctoral degree programs are offered in business (D.B.A.) and education (Ed.D.). There are undergraduate certificate programs in marketing, eBusiness, finance, accounting, international business, and project management.
- "Report from the DETC Accrediting Commission" (PDF). Distance Education and Training Council. June 27, 2003.
- "Applications Are Now Available for Taft University's Doctor of Education Program". RedOrbit. September 24, 2008.
- "DETC News" (PDF). Distance Education and Training Council. Spring 2006.
- "News 2010 - New Undergraduate Business Programs". William Howard Taft University. February 2010.
- "William Howard Taft University Announces New Online Doctor of Business Administration Program". Forbes. March 11, 2010. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- William Howard Taft University, DETC website, accessed July 12, 2013