|Born||July 22, 1959|
Orange, New Jersey, U.s.
|Associated acts||Los Angeles Guitar Quartet|
William Kanengiser (born July 22, 1959) is a Grammy Award-winning classical guitarist. He is one of the founding members of the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet (LAGQ).
Kanengiser was born in Orange, New Jersey. He holds a Bachelor of Music and Master of Music from the Thornton School of Music at the University of Southern California, where he also serves as a faculty member.
Kanengiser has won Grammy Awards with the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, which received the award for best classical crossover album at the 47th Grammy Awards for Guitar Heroes; he has also won for his contribution to Atlanta Symphony Orchestra's performance of Golijov's Ainadamar: Fountain Of Tears, which won the Grammy Award for Best Opera Recording in 2007.
- Gregg Wager, "Music Reviews: William Kanengiser in Guitar Recital at Ambassador", in: Los Angeles Times, March 14, 1990
- Maurice J. Summerfield: The Classical Guitar. Its Evolution, Players and Personalities Since 1800, 5th edition (Blaydon-on-Tyne: Ashley Mark Publishing Co., 2002), p. 163.
- Ljiljana Grubisic, Thornton Faculty, Alums Win Grammys, USC Public Relations, March 12, 2007, Accessed March 4, 2009.
- William Kanengiser's Official Website
- Los Angeles Guitar Quartet
- Allmusic biography of William Kanengiser
|This article on a classical guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|