||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
William "Billy" Leroy (born in Amiens, France) is an American reality television personality, actor, businessman and appraiser. He was the owner of store "Billy's Antiques and Props" on the Lower East Side of New York City.
Billy Leroy was born in France and grew up on the Upper East Side of Manhattan , Leroy stars in the movieDirty Old Town. He is married to Canadian American singer and songwriter Lorraine Leckie, who also appears in the movie.
Leroy's store, Billy's Antiques, was known for being the "last holdout of the old Bowery". Leroy is also known for his unique economic policy - accepting only Euros during the plummeting value of the American dollar in 2008.
- "City Ghosts: Gentrification, Dirty Old Town, Michael Jackson - BlackBook". Blackbookmag.com. 2010-06-25. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Tabor, Damon (2007-06-10). "Between Skid Row and Starbucks". The New York Times.
- "New York Merchants Embrace Euro". washingtonpost.com. 2008-02-25. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- ALAN CLENDENNING, AP Business Writer (2008-03-13). "Dollar's Clout Sinks Worldwide - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News". FOXNews.com. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Yes, We Take Euros: Riding a Currency Shift". NPR. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Adams, Eric (Apr. 22, 2012) "Baggage Battles (review)" AV Club. Retrieved 22 November 2013.