William Phipps (Governor of Bombay)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
William Phipps (died 1748) was the Governor of Bombay from 9 January 1722 to 10 January 1729.
- 'Westbury: Churches', in A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 8, Warminster, Westbury and Whorwellsdown Hundreds (London, 1965), pp. 176-181 online at british-history.ac.uk
- "Previous Governors List". Raj Bhavan (Maharashtra). Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "Colonial administrators and post-independence leaders in India (1616–2000)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Great Britain India Office (1819). The India List and India Office List. I. Harrison. pp. 125–7. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Greater Bombay District Gazetteer. Maharashtra State Gazetteers. I. Government of Maharashtra. 1986. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
|This article about a British politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|