William Pleydell-Bouverie, 9th Earl of Radnor
The Earl of Radnor
|Born||January 5, 1955|
Royal Agricultural College
The son of Jacob Pleydell-Bouverie, 8th Earl of Radnor, by his marriage to Anne Garden Seth-Smith, daughter of Donald Farquharson Seth-Smith, whose great-grandfather was property developer Seth Smith, who built large proportions of Mayfair and Belgravia in the early 1800s.
In 1996 he married Melissa Stanford, daughter of J. K. E. Stanford, formerly Director-General of the Leonard Cheshire Foundation, and a granddaughter of the author J. K. Stanford. They have four sons and two daughters: Lady Hope (born 1997); Jacob, Viscount Folkestone (born 1999); Luke (born 2000); Dan (born 2002); Edward (born 2004); and a daughter born in 2007. The heir apparent is their eldest son, Jacob Pleydell-Bouverie, Viscount Folkestone.
- Seth-Smith family tree at seth-smith.org.uk, accessed 5 December 2008
- Folkestone, Viscount (born 5 Jan. 1955), in Who's Who 2008 (London, A. & C. Black, 2008
- Burke's Peerage, volume 3 (2003), p. 3,248
- Stanford, James Keith Edward, in Who's Who 2008 (London, A. & C. Black, 2008
- Notice in The Daily Telegraph dated 27 September 2007
- Smith, Amelia (2017). Longford Castle: The Treasures and the Collectors. London: Unicorn. ISBN 978-1-910787-68-7.
|Peerage of Great Britain|
| Earl of Radnor