William R. Hammer
William Roy Hammer is a retired professor at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. He is credited with the discovery of the Cryolophosaurus in 1991. He is originally from Detroit, Michigan.
William Hammer was inducted as a Laureate of The Lincoln Academy of Illinois and awarded the Order of Lincoln (the State’s highest honor) by the Governor of Illinois in 2013 in the area of Education.
- Farlow, James Orville; Walters, Robert H. The Complete Dinosaur. Indiana University Press. p. 50. ISBN 978-0-253-21313-6.
- Debus, Allen G. Dinosaur Memories: Dino-trekking for Beasts of Thunder, Fantastic Saurians, 'Paleo-people,' 'Dinosaurabilia,' and other 'Prehistoria'. Authors Choice Press. p. 492. ISBN 0-595-22988-3.
- Rubin, Jeff. Lonely Planet Antarctica (Lonely Planet Antarctica). Lonely Planet Publications. p. 247. ISBN 1-74059-094-5.
- "Laureates by Year - The Lincoln Academy of Illinois". The Lincoln Academy of Illinois. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- Hammer, W.R., and Hickerson, W.J., 1994. A crested theropod dinosaur from Antarctica. Science 264:828-830.
|This article about an American scientist in academia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|