This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robert William Ragsdale
January 19, 1961
El Dorado, Arkansas, U.S.
|Known for||Fright Night|
William Ragsdale (born January 19, 1961) is an American actor known best for playing teenaged vampire slayer Charley Brewster in the horror vampire film, Fright Night (1985), and as Herman Brooks in the television series Herman's Head (1991-94).
Life and career
Robert William Ragsdale (he later stopped using his first name) was born in El Dorado, Arkansas, and attended Hendrix College, where he appeared in plays opposite future Sling Blade actress, fellow Arkansan Natalie Canerday. He garnered attention as the young hero of Fright Night and Fright Night Part 2 and onstage in Neil Simon's plays, Biloxi Blues and Brighton Beach Memoirs, two of the three parts of Simon's trilogy, which ends with Broadway Bound. Ragsdale featured in the romance comedy movie Mannequin Two: On the Move (1991).
Ragsdale has had a sporadic career with regard to prime-time television. He featured for three years on Herman's Head. He had a brief recurring role in the television series Judging Amy. He played a television producer for Grosse Pointe, which lasted one season.
He was cast in the pilot for Charmed, but refused the series to feature in the short-lived situation comedy Brother's Keeper. He appeared on Ellen as the boyfriend of Ellen Morgan (played by Ellen DeGeneres) before her character revealed her homosexuality. He has had guest roles on television, including a four-episode stint on Less than Perfect, as well as small feature movie roles.
He played the role of Gary Hawkins in 12 episodes of the television series Justified from March 2010 through March 2012, during the series' first three seasons. In 2014, he played Chris Smith in the remake of the movie Left Behind.
- "William Ragsdale profile". hotflick.net. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Jicha, Tom (September 7, 1991). "Fox Network Should Hang 'Herman's Head' In Shame". Sun-Sentinel. Ft. Lauderdale. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- Past Shows on the Mainstage of the National Theatre - 1950-1999[dead link]
- "Review: Mannequin on the Move". Variety. December 31, 1990. Retrieved January 14, 2021.
- Heckman, Don (January 19, 1999). "In 'Brother's Keeper,' ABC Has a Friday Night Oddity". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 14, 2021.
- Bryant, Adam (May 11, 2010). "How Far Will Justified's Raylan Go to Help His Ex's New Man?". TV Guide. Retrieved January 14, 2021.
- "Left Behind". The Times of India. Mumbai. September 29, 2014. Retrieved January 14, 2021.
- Clement, Olivia (February 15, 2017). "'Man from Nebraska' Opens at Second Stage" Playbill.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: William Ragsdale|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to William Ragsdale.|