William Ramsay (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
William Ramsay (1852–1916) was the Scottish chemist who discovered the noble gases.
- Sir William Ramsay School, school in Hazlemere, Buckinghamshire, named after the chemist
William Ramsay may also refer to:
- William Ramsay (astrologer) (fl. 1660), English physician and astrologer; see s:Ramsay, William (fl.1660) (DNB00)
- William Maule, 1st Baron Panmure (1771–1852), Scottish peer (until 1782 named the Hon. William Ramsay)
- William G. Ramsay (born 1929), American jazz saxophonist & band leader based in Seattle
- Bill Ramsay (politician) (born 1962), politician in Newfoundland, Canada
- William Ramsay (classical scholar) (1806–1865) Professor of Humanity in the University of Glasgow 1831-63
- William Ramsay Ramsay (1809–1850), Scottish MP for Midlothian (UK Parliament constituency) and Stirlingshire (UK Parliament constituency)
- William Mitchell Ramsay (1851–1939), Scottish archaeologist and New Testament scholar
- William Ramsay (manufacturer) (1868–1914), Australian manufacturer who invented Kiwi shoe polish
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title William Ramsay.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.