William Smith (Medal of Honor, 1869)
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1869-|
|Unit||Company G, 8th U.S. Cavalry|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
He should not be confused with William H. Smith, who also received the Medal of Honor for gallantry in action in the same location on the same day.
Medal of Honor citation
Rank and organization: Private, Company G, 8th U.S. Cavalry. Place and date: At Chiricahua Mountains, Ariz., October 20, 1869. Entered service at. ------. Birth. Bath, Maine. Date of issue: February 14, 1870.
Gallantry in action.
- List of Medal of Honor recipients
- List of Medal of Honor recipients for the Indian Wars
- William Smith (Medal of Honor), a different recipient with this name
- "Indian War Period Medal of Honor recipients". Medal of Honor citations. United States Army Center of Military History. August 3, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2010.
- "William Smith". Claim to Fame: Medal of Honor recipients. Find a Grave. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
|This biographical article related to the United States Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|