||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dr. William Stallings is an American author. He has written textbooks on computer science topics such as operating systems, computer networks, computer organization, and cryptography. He also maintains a website titled Computer Science Student Resource. He has authored 17 titles, and counting revised editions, a total of over 40 books on various aspects of these subjects. In over 20 years in the field, he has been a technical contributor, technical manager, and an executive with several high-technology firms. Currently he is an independent consultant whose clients have included computer and networking manufacturers and customers, software development firms, and leading-edge government research institutions.
He has received the award for the best Computer Science textbook of the year from the Text and Academic Authors Association three times.
His books include:
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice
- Data and Computer Communications
- Operating Systems - Internals and Design Principles
- Wireless Communications & Networks
- Computer Security: Principles and Practice
- Local and Metropolitan Area Networks
- Network Security Essentials: Applications and Standards
- Business Data Communications - Infrastructure, Networking and Security