This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
William Stallings is an American author. He has written textbooks on computer science topics such as operating systems, computer networks, computer organization, and cryptography. He also maintains a website titled Computer Science Student Resource. He has authored 17 titles, and counting revised editions, a total of over 40 books on various aspects of these subjects. In over 20 years in the field, he has been a technical contributor, technical manager, and an executive with several high-technology firms. Currently he is an independent consultant whose clients have included computer and networking manufacturers and customers, software development firms, and leading-edge government research institutions.
He has received the award for the best Computer Science textbook of the year from the Text and Academic Authors Association three times.
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice
- Data and Computer Communications
- Operating Systems - Internals and Design Principles
- Wireless Communications & Networks
- Computer Security: Principles and Practice
- Local and Metropolitan Area Networks
- Network Security Essentials: Applications and Standards
- Business Data Communications - Infrastructure, Networking and Security