William Surtees was educated at Bedford School and King's College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1900, he began his ecclesiastical career with a curacy in Lythe. He was then rector of Sampford Courtenay, vicar of St Simon’s, Plymouth and Archdeacon of Exeter before a 24-year stint as Suffragan Bishop of Crediton. He died on 23 March 1956.
- “Who was Who” 1897–1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Surtees, William Frederick (SRTS890WF)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "Ordinations-Diocese of York". The Times, Tuesday, 12 Jun 1900; pg. 13; Issue 36166; col C
- Admitted to Benefit of St Simon
- Obituary-The Rt Rev W.F Surtees. The Times Thursday, 5 April 1956; pg. 10; Issue 53497; col A
|Church of England titles|
Robert Edward Trefusis
|Bishop of Crediton
Wilfrid Arthur Edmund Westall
|This article about a United Kingdom bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an individual Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|