William T. Dwyer High School
|William T. Dwyer High School|
|Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
|Type||Public (magnet) secondary|
|School district||Palm Beach County School District|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Silver, Maroon
William T. Dwyer High School is a public high school for grades 9–12 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States. The school was named for William T. Dwyer, former vice president of Pratt & Whitney's Government Products Division and a community leader in Palm Beach County. It is best known for its Academy of Finance Program, which is part of the National Academy Foundation. It is also an International Baccalaureate school. Since the founding in 1991 William T. Dwyer High School competes for state championships in several of their varsity sports including football, basketball, and lacrosse.
We strive to educate students and to assist them in realizing their full potential as responsible, productive, contributing members of society by providing an educational environment in which students are challenged, excellence is expected and differences are valued.
- Rashad Butler – offensive lineman who is currently a free agent, played college football at the University of Miami
- Ricardo Chambers – track and field runner at Florida State University who represented Jamaica in the 400 meter race at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing
- Matt Elam - safety for the Baltimore Ravens, played collegiately at the University of Florida
- Alonzo Gee – small forward/shooting guard for the Portland Trail Blazers
- Hunter Jones – pitcher for the Boston Red Sox, played college baseball at Florida State University
- Scott Maine – pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks, played collegiately for the University of Miami
- Nick O'Leary - tight end for the Buffalo Bills, grandson of Jack Nicklaus
- Jacoby Brissett - Quarterback for NC State Wolfpack, transferred from The University of Florida
- Gerald Christian - tight end for Arizona Cardinals, Mr. Irrelevant in the 2015 NFL Draft
- Joel James - Basketball player for the North Carolina Tar Heels
Football State Championships 2009(Class 5A), 2013(Class 7A) Basketball State Championships 2004(Class 5A), 2005(Class 5A), 2011(Class 5A)
- "The Dwyer Awards". Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- Dwyer High School Page at School District of Palm Beach County website
- Dwyer High School Page at Edline.net website