William T. Dwyer High School
|William T. Dwyer High School|
|13601 N Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33418
|Type||Public (magnet) secondary|
|School district||Palm Beach County School District|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Silver, Maroon
|Rival||Jupiter High School, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School|
|Nicknames||D-Block, #RudeNation, #EatGreedy|
William T. Dwyer High School is a public high school for grades 9–12 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States. The school was named for William T. Dwyer, former vice president of Pratt & Whitney's Government Products Division and a community leader in Palm Beach County. It is best known for its Academy of Finance Program, which is part of the National Academy Foundation. It is also an International Baccalaureate school. Since the founding in 1991 William T. Dwyer High School competes for state championships in several of their varsity sports including football, basketball, baseball, and lacrosse.
William T Dwyer High School has had some of the most dominant sports programs in the country. The football and basketball programs have won numerous state championships, is consistently ranked with the top programs in the country, and have produced several notable athletes who have gone into professional careers. The 2009 football program was quoted by the Palm Beach Post as being "the greatest concentration of talent in Palm Beach County history", finishing top 5 in the country across all divisions. That particular class has sent 5 players and counting to the NFL, and over 20 players to play collegiate football.
- Daniel Berger - PGA Tour Golfer attended Florida State University and finished 2nd in the 2013 NCAA Division 1 Men's Golf Championships.
- Jacoby Brissett - Quarterback for NC State Wolfpack, transferred from The University of Florida 3rd Round draft pick by the New England Patriots.
- Rashad Butler – offensive lineman NFL free agent, played college football at the University of Miami
- Ricardo Chambers – track and field runner at Florida State University who represented Jamaica in the 400 meter race at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing
- Gerald Christian - tight end for Arizona Cardinals, Mr. Irrelevant in the 2015 NFL Draft
- Matt Elam - safety for the Baltimore Ravens, played collegiately at the University of Florida, first round draft pick.
- Alonzo Gee – small forward/shooting guard for the Portland Trail Blazers
- Hunter Jones – baseball player
- Tim Lynch - baseball player
- Scott Maine – pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks, played collegiately for the University of Miami
- Nick O'Leary - tight end for the Buffalo Bills, grandson of Jack Nicklaus 6th round draft pick.
Football State Championships: 2009 (Class 5A), 2013 (Class 7A)
Basketball State Championships: 2004 (Class 5A), 2005 (Class 5A), 2011 (Class 5A)
- Dwyer High School Page at School District of Palm Beach County website
- Dwyer High School Page at Edline.net website