William Tennent High School
|William Tennent High School|
|Established||1955(original building), 1974("A" building, now demolished), 2011 (Mostly new, includes "B" building from the previous school, open to students)|
|Number of students||1,821 as of the year 2016|
|Colors||Black, White, and Red|
The school was named in honor of William Tennent, an early American slave owner, Presbyterian minister and founder of the original Log College, a very early theological school located in the colony of Pennsylvania. The first William Tennent High School building was located across the street from the current high school and when both were in use, the buildings were called William Tennent Intermediate High School (grades 9 and 10) and William Tennent Senior High School (grades 11 and 12) (the current school). The site of the original Log College is located near the modern high school
- Brian Baker - Class of 1985 - actor, former Sprint pitchman
- Thomas W. Druce - former Pennsylvania State Representative, class of 1979.
- Frank Coonelly - Class of 1978. President, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Mike Vogel - actor, class of 1998.
- Kermit Cintron - Champion boxer, class of 1999.
- Mike Pettine - head coach, Cleveland Browns, was a head coach for the school before being terminated.
- William Lathrop Jr. - American fashion designer, class of 2013
- Log College Middle School
- Eugene Klinger Middle School
- McDonald Elementary
- Willow Dale Elementary
- Davis Elementary
- "William Tennent High School". Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "William Tennent & Log College". 275 Years of Warminster. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- "The Face and The Voice - Brian Baker". Geocities. Archived from the original on 27 October 2009. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Thomas W. Druce (Republican)". Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Archived from the original on 2000-01-15.
- "Front Office biographies (Frank Coonley, President)". Pittsburgh Pirates.
- "William Tennent Alumni (Mike Voegl, Actor)". Centennial SD.
- "William Tennent Alumni (Kermit Cintron, Boxer)". Centennial SD.