William U. Parfet
William U. Parfet, is an American businessman. He served as chairman and CEO of MPI Research, headquartered in Mattawan, Michigan, prior to resigning to face sexual harassment charges in January 2016.
He graduated from Lake Forest College with a major in Economics in 1970, two minors in China, and received an M.B.A. in International Finance from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan in 1972.
From 1973 to 2003, he worked for Upjohn (now merged with Pfizer), including as vice chairman of the board. From 1993 to 1996, he served as president and CEO of Richard-Allan Medical Industries (now known as Thermo Fisher Scientific). He served on the board of trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation, which oversees the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and as National Chairman of the Financial Executives Institute, now known as Financial Executives International (FEI). He served on the board of directors of PAREXEL from June 2001 to May 2006, and CMS Energy from November 1991 to May 2005.
He joined MPI Research as co-chairman in November 1995 and served as chairman and chief executive officer from 1999 to 2016. He retired from MPI Research in January 2016. He sits on the board of directors of the Stryker Corporation since 1993, Monsanto since June 2000, and Taubman Centers.
On Wednesday August 31, 2016, William U. Parfet unceremoniously resigned from the Stryker Corp., without any explanation. On the same day, Parfet resigned from Monsanto Co.’s board of directors, according to a report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Activist investors allege Taubman Centers owners violated the company's charter by decreasing the number of its directors to eight after a ninth director, William Parfet, who is facing a sex abuse lawsuit, resigned September 27, 2016.
MPI Research issued this statement to the press:
“MPI Research is not a party to this litigation, and Mr. William Parfet, the defendant in the action, is neither employed by nor affiliated with, MPI Research. Therefore, we have no comment on the matter.” 
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- Monsanto Board of Directors
- Stryker Corporation Board of Directors
- MPI Research Board of Directors
- Jokich, Alex. "Woman sues Kalamazoo billionaire, claims he fathered two of her children". WWMT. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "Businessman William Parfet resigns from Stryker Corp. Board of Directors". MLive.com. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Monsanto board member William Parfet resigns - St. Louis Business Journal". St. Louis Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Activist investor alleges outlet owner's actions may cause DOJ investigation - St. Louis Business Journal". St. Louis Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- Jokich, Alex. "Woman sues Kalamazoo billionaire, claims he fathered two of her children". WWMT. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "BRIEF-Taubman Centers board of directors reduced size of board to 8 members from 9 - SEC Filing". Reuters. 2016-09-30. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Chairman of Snyder's PAC accused of sexual harassment". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2016-11-06.