William VIII of Montpellier
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|William VIII of Montpellier|
|Father||William VII of Montpellier|
|Mother||Matilda of Burgundy|
They had one daughter:
The Pope ruled William's marriage to Agnes as illegitimate and Marie was given the throne.
- Paul Magdalino, The Empire of Manuel I Komnenos, 1143-1180, (Cambridge University Press, 1993), 102.
- Nicole M. Schulman, Where Troubadours Were Bishops: The Occitania of Folc of Marseille (1150-1231), (Routledge, 2001), 25 note46.
- The Book of Deeds of James I of Aragon, ed. Damian J. Smith and Helena Buffery, (Ashgate Publishing, 2010), 19.
- William M. Reddy, The Making of Romantic Love, (University of Chicago Press, 2012), 126.
- E. Jenkins (6 August 2012). The Mediterranean World of Alfonso II and Peter II of Aragon (1162-1213). Springer. pp. 113–. ISBN 978-1-137-07826-1.
|Titles of nobility|
| Lord of Montpellier
|This biography of a French peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|