Bill White (administrator)
|Known for||President of the Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum|
White was born in the late 1960s, is a native of Point Lookout, New York, and graduated Fordham University. White worked in his family's business and began to work for Intrepid in 1992 and became chief of staff to Zachary Fisher and fundraiser for the Intrepid Museum Foundation. In 1996 he was awarded the Meritorious Public Service Award for his work for the United States Navy. He resides in Manhattan.
In 2008, White was mentioned as a possible nominee for United States Secretary of the Navy for the Obama administration. His nomination was supported by Hugh Shelton, a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Jerrold Nadler, in whose congressional district the Intrepid Museum is located. The post eventually went to former Mississippi governor and ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Ray Mabus.
In June 2009, The Washington Times reported White to be considered for Deputy Chief Management Officer for the United States Department of Defense, which would make him the highest-ranking openly gay person in the department.
In 2010, Bill White founded Constellations Group, a strategic consulting firm that advises corporations, foundations, and high-net-worth individuals with their business challenges and philanthropic endeavors. The firms' mission is to support the men and women of the US armed forces and first responder communities and their families.
Bill White resigned from his position as President of the Intrepid museum and other Intrepid related positions in May 2010 in order to pursue new challenges with similar goals. The museum gave no explanations for White's abrupt resignation. White had been subpoenaed earlier by the office of then New York State Attorney-General Andrew Cuomo in connection with investigations into campaign fundraising solicitations from pension fund managers. He had been connected to former state comptroller Alan G. Hevesi who resigned after pleading guilty to a felony charge.
In September 2010, Bill White agreed to pay a $1,000,000 fine to settle charges that he was involved in the state pension fund pay to play scandal.
On February 1, 2011 Bill White was voted back onto the Board of Trustees of the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund 
On May 14, 2012 it was reported by CNN that in a letter obtained by CNN Bill White had withdrawn his support from Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney over his stance on gay marriage days after President Obama had stated his full support for gay marriage. In his letter, Bill White requests that Romney's campaign return his maximum contribution. White stated to CNN that while he does not support President Obama's fiscal policy, he supports him over Romney because he believed Romney would push for a constitutional amendment against gay marriage that would nullify his own marriage.
2014 Fundraiser with President Obama
On October 7, 2014, President Obama attended a $25000 a seat fundraiser hosted in the home of Bryan Eure and Bill White, the former president of the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum and the chairman of the Constellations Group. Money was raised for Democratic candidates in the midterm elections. In attendance were; Rosie O’Donnell, Aretha Franklin and Mark Wahlberg.
- Travis, Shannon (14 May 2012). "Romney donor pulls support, backs Obama, over same-sex marriage". CNN. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Bleyer, Bill (2008-12-20). "Gay Intrepid museum chief touted for cabinet". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- Dinan, Stephen (18 December 2008). "Gay man backed for Navy secretary". The Washington Times. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- Dinan, Stephen; Bellantoni, Christina (2009-06-18). "Gay man considered for post at Pentagon". The Washington Times. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "constellationsgroup.com". constellationsgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- McGeehan, Patrick (2010-05-19). "Head of the Intrepid Resigns as Fleet Week Approaches". The New York Times.
- "Bill White, disgraced ex-head of Intrepid, agrees to pay $1 million settlement in pay-to-play deal". New York: NY Daily News. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund Announces New President". Fallenheroesfund.org. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- Travis, Shannon (2012-05-14). "Romney donor pulls support, backs Obama, over same-sex marriage". CNN.
- Woletz, Bob (23 October 2011). "Bill White, Bryan Eure". The New York Times. p. 16. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Crouse, Lyndsay (7 October 2014). "2014 Fundraiser with Pres. Obama". The New York Times.