William Williams (priest)
The Very Rev William Williams , BD was the sixth Dean of St David's.
He was born in 1848, educated at St David's College, Lampeter and ordained in 1872. He was Curate of Lampeter and then of Oswestry. He held incumbencies at Llanuwchllyn, Llanfair Talhaiarn and Dolgellau. He was Diocesan Missioner for St David’s from 1893 until 1899 and Vicar of St David’s until 1903. He was then Rector of Jeffreston until his accession to the Deanery in 1919.He died in post on 8 November 1930.
- Although an ancient foundation, before 1840 the senior residentiary cleric was the Precentor, and not a Dean, due to a complication during the dissolution of the monasteries > “Eglwys Gadeiriol Tyddewi, 1181-1981 / St David’s Cathedral, 1181-1981” St David’s, Gwasg yr Oriel Fach, 1981 ISBN 0-905421-02-7
- Who was Who (1991) Who was who. A cumulated index 1897-1990, CD-ROM, London : A & C Black, ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- The Times Monday, Nov 10, 1930; pg. 16; Issue 45666; col A Photograph with caption
- ”The Clergy List” London, Kelly’s, 1913
- The Dean Of St. David's The Times Monday, Nov 10, 1930; pg. 14; Issue 45666; col E
James Allan Smith
| Dean of St David's
David Watcyn Morgan
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|