|Designer(s)||Mike Coughlan (Technical Director)
Jason Somerville (Head of Aerodynamics)
|Engine||Renault RS27-2012 2.4 L (146 cu in) V8 naturally aspirated mid-mounted|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)
Rays Wheels (front and rear): 13"
|Notable entrants||Williams F1 Team|
|Notable drivers||18. Pastor Maldonado
19. Bruno Senna
|Debut||2012 Australian Grand Prix|
The Williams FW34 was a Formula One racing car designed by Williams F1 for the 2012 Formula One season. Following their worst season in their thirty-year history—in which they finished ninth in the World Constructors' Championship with just five points—the team underwent a technical review, employing former McLaren designer Mike Coughlan (having served his suspension for his role in the 2007 Formula One espionage controversy) as Chief Designer, and promoting Jason Somerville to Head of Aerodyamics. The FW34 used the Renault RS27-2012 engine; the team had previously used Renault engines between 1989 and 1997. The car, which was launched on the 7 February 2012, was driven by Pastor Maldonado and Bruno Senna.
At the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix, Maldonado drove the FW34 to pole position and converted it to victory the next day. As well as being Maldonado's maiden Formula One win, it was also the first for Williams since the 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix, which was won by Juan Pablo Montoya in the FW26.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2012||Williams F1||Renault RS27-2012||P||AUS||MAL||CHN||BHR||ESP||MON||CAN||EUR||GBR||GER||HUN||BEL||ITA||SIN||JPN||KOR||IND||ABU||USA||BRA||76||8th|
† Driver failed to finish the race, but was classified as they had completed greater than 90% of the race distance.
- Collantine, Keith (28 June 2011). "Williams appoints new technical staff for 2012 car". F1 Fanatic. Keith Collantine. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Beer, Matt (4 July 2011). "Williams to run Renault engines again from 2012". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- Noble, Jonathan (25 January 2012). "Pirelli tweaks tyre markings for 2012 F1 season". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Pastor Maldonado Confirmed for 2012 with Valtteri Bottas as Reserve Driver". Williams F1. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- Elizalde, Pablo (17 January 2012). "Williams confirms Bruno Senna will race for the team in F1 in 2012". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Williams". Formula1.com. 14 December 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- Collantine, Keith (9 December 2011). "Williams fall into F1's vicious cycle". F1 Fanatic. Keith Collantine. Retrieved 3 February 2012.