Williams Lea Tag
|Industry||Outsourcing, printing, print design, and bulk mailing|
|David Kassler, CEO |
|Services||Document management, creative and marketing support services, and print and logistics management.|
|Revenue||$772.10 million USD ( 76.20% FY 2005)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||The Stationery Office|
Williams Lea Group Limited, branded Williams Lea Tag, is a global company that offers business process outsourcing (BPO) to large companies. Founded in 1820 as a company providing printing services to the financial industry, Williams Lea went through a number of changes to its business model and now provides services including mail processing, bulk mailing, printing, and page layout.
Williams Lea purchased the design and production agency Tag Worldwide in 2011, and adopted the company's name into its own brand.
Advent International completed its purchase of Williams Lea Tag from Deutsche Post DHL Group in December 2017 and appointed David Kassler as group chief executive of the business.
- In October 2004, it acquired U.S.-based Bowne Business Solutions, a long-term joint venture partner, from Bowne & Co. for $190.8 million.
- In August 2005, it acquired U.S.-based Uniscribe for $36.1 million and Australia-based Creatis for $7.7 million.
- In November 2006, it acquired UK-based The Stationery Office for £130 million.
- In 2007, Deutsche Post rebranded its German service lines document management, transactional print, mailroom services, and direct marketing/fulfillment as Williams Lea Deutschland. These service lines were re-integrated into Deutsche Post in 2010. Currently Williams Lea in Germany offers marketing solutions and presentation services.
- In November 2007, Deutsche Post acquired legal process outsourcing (LPO) company Centric LPO for an undisclosed sum.
- In July 12 2011, Williams Lea purchased the design and production agency Tag Worldwide for an undisclosed sum.
- In August 24 2017, WilliamsLeaTag is acquired by Advent International, a private equity company and domain name wltadvent.com redirects to wlt.com
- "Deutsche Post buys Williams Lea". BBC News. 13 February 2006. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- url=https://www.dpdhl.com/en/media-relations/press-releases/2017/deutsche-post-dhl-group-sells-williams-lea-tag.html%7Caccessdate=7 November 2018|publisher=DPDHL Group|date=24 August 2017}}
- "History of Williams Lea". Williams Lea. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "Williams Lea Acquires US-Based Bowne Business Solutions for GBP100m (US$180m)". PR Newswire. October 8, 2004.
- "Company Overview of Uniscribe Professional Services, Inc". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "DHL owner seeks big stake in Williams Lea". Post & Parcel. February 13, 2006.
- "Williams Lea expands legal offering with LPO business". Post & Parcel. November 14, 2007.
- Williams, Matt (12 July 2011). "Production company Tag acquired by Williams Lea". Campaign. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- Nias, Simon (12 July 2011). "Williams Lea to acquire Tag Worldwide". Print Week. Retrieved 2 January 2017.