- Not to be confused with another Uruguayan footballer, William Martínez.
|Full name||Williams Guillermo Martínez Fracchia|
|Date of birth||18 December 1982|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2003||→ Ferro Carril (loan)|
|2006||→ West Brom (loan)||2||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Stade de Reims (loan)||17||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Chacarita Juniors (loan)||32||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Martínez signed on loan for West Bromwich Albion of the Premier League in January 2006 until the end of the season, and made his Premier League debut as a half-time substitute against Fulham at Craven Cottage on 11 February 2006, a 6–1 defeat. He scored his first goal for the English club on 7 May 2006, an away game at Everton, also his first start for the club, but was also to concede a late penalty that gave Everton a 2–2 draw.
In January 2008, he signed a two-and-a-half-year deal with Valenciennes, and was loaned to Reims for the 2008-09 season. On 17 August 2009 upon his request, he was released by Valenciennes and signed by his former club Defensor Sporting.
- "Everton 2–2 West Brom". BBC. 7 May 2006. Retrieved 30 November 2009.
- Williams Martínez at National-Football-Teams.com
- (Spanish) tenfieldigital profile
- Williams Martínez at Soccerbase
- Williams Martínez – French league stats at LFP
|This biographical article related to a football defender from Uruguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|