Williamsburg Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Williamsburg Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
Location of Williamsburg Township in Clermont County
|• Total||31.2 sq mi (80.7 km2)|
|• Land||30.1 sq mi (77.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.1 sq mi (2.8 km2)|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|• Density||191/sq mi (73.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085875|
Williamsburg Township is one of the fourteen townships of Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 5,746 people living in the township, 3,256 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - north
- Sterling Township, Brown County - northeast
- Pike Township, Brown County - east
- Clark Township, Brown County - southeast corner
- Tate Township - south
- Batavia Township - west
The village of Williamsburg is located in eastern Williamsburg Township.
Name and history
It is the only Williamsburg Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Williamsburg township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.