Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||955 ft (291 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||446089|
A post office was established at Williamstown in 1834, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Williamstown, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 349. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...laid out this village in September 1830...
- "USGS detail on Williamstown - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Decatur County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 140.
|This Rush County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|